APPOINTED VOLUNTEERS (on City Advisory Boards and Commissions)
Individuals interested in being appointed to an advisory board & commission should completed an appointed volunteer application and submit to Volunteer Services for review.
- If an opening exists on the board or commission of interest, the applicaton and all supporting information provided are supplied to the staff liaison for the particular board.
- Upon review by the staff liaison, a phone or in-person interview may be conducted.
- If it is determined that the individual is a good fit for placement and meets qualifications, the application is submitted with a recommendation to City Council for appointment to the board or commission and a criminal background check completed.
- Upon approval by the Mayor or Mayor Pro-Tem, the individual is officially appointed to the board or commission at a regular meeting of City Council.
- If an opening does not exist on the board or commission, the application and supplemental information, if submitted, is filed for future consideration.
Openings on boards and commissions occur throughout the year as terms expires and/or individuals leave boards due to relocation, etc.
NON-APPOINTED VOLUNTEERS (on Special Projects/Events or Departmental Assistance)
The City of Holland puts on several events and completes numerous special projects throughout the year - many on an annual basis. Volunteers are utilized as part of . . .
- Farmer's Market Events
- Up on the Rooftops (An Annual Holiday Event)
- Parade of Lights
- Office Assistance
- DeGraaf Nature Center Trail Guides and Clean-up
- Neighborhood Watch
- National Night Out
- And many other events . . .
All volunteers must complete a non-appointed volunteer application and submit to a criminal background check. Selected volunteers will be contacted by the department coordinating the project or event.