Learn how to join now!
Sgt. Lisa Bancuk
Open and read the .pdf file at the bottom of the page to learn about joining now!
Employment Application (.pdf) is at the bottom of this page.
The Reserve Officer program is a voluntary community service program in which citizens of the community work with and assist Holland Department of Public Safety regular officers.
Duties of the Reserve Officer include riding on patrol, assisting regular police officers, traffic control assignment, Tulip Time parades and activities, security for area sporting events, etc.
Specific requirements for Reserve Officer:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with demonstrated maturity and judgment.
- High school or GED certificate required. Must have the ability to read and write the English language.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
- Must possess good reputation, criminal, and traffic records.
- Members must attend a minimum 8 of the scheduled 10 meetings during the year.
- Reserve officers must ride patrol on a scheduled basis, a minimum of 6 hours a month unless specifically excused.
- All applications will be reviewed and applicants will undergo a background investigation. Only applicants meeting the needs of the department will be selected.
- All applicants are subject to local record check, fingerprint, state, and FBI record checks.
- The above is only a portion of the rules and regulations that govern the operation of the Holland Police Reserve Unit.
If you are interested in applying for the HDPS Reserve Unit Program, please print the City of Holland Employment Application Form, fill it out, then submit to:
The Holland Police Department
Attn: Sgt. Lisa Bancuk
89 W. 8th St.
Holland, MI 49423